December 12, 2014

Day 4 - BLU Win Jr. Syncing Problem x QR Code Scanner


I had a slight hiccup syncing the phone to my Windows 7 computer at first. I kept getting the dreaded "MTB USB Device" failed driver install error.

The phone wouldn't show up in explorer or device manager and Windows Phone app for desktop kept crashing. How was I going to get all my music onto the micro SD card without having to take it out of the phone each time? I messed around with OneDrive for a bit but that was going to be crazy since bandwidth isn't unlimited here in Canada. I took the micro SD card out and the phone synced fine that way. I then formatted the micro SD card and that solved the syncing problem. You can format the card by going to settings > storage sense > SD card > format SD card.

The past 4 days on Windows Phone 8.1 has been a fun change. I can't stop trying out different backgrounds and testing out the transparent tile and parallax effect. Coming from Android and iOS 8.1 on an iPad Mini 2, Windows Phone 8.1 has a much cleaner looking home screen with the live tiles. I wished some of the live tiles had more functionality though especially with music apps. But I hear this is something coming with Windows (Phone) 10 and exploding tiles (hovering over a tile opens more functions without having to open the app).

Quick Tip: QR code scanner is built in through the Bing Vision camera lens. It takes 2 taps to get to it. More if you don't have a camera tile on your home screen. You should though because the BLU Win Jr. doesn't have a dedicated camera button. Here's a screen capture of the Bing Vision button that comes up when you tap the camera lens icon.





No comments:

Post a Comment